A wall plaque made for baby Hope.
I have been asked how I made this.... so here goes.... The plaque is of a thin plywood blank with the design printed on and available from Hobbycraft - I dont know how much it cost as my d-i-l bought it but I would think around £1.50. They also have it with other Christmas type words on (aren't we fortunate our granddaughter was called Hope) and the only snag was the holly decorations on the top and bottom. Painting it was a little tense as I didn't want to go over any of the blank outlines but slowly slowly was the answer. The pink is just ordinary pink emulsion paint but the other colours are Twinkling H2o's. Once painted I varnished it and covered the holly bits with die cuts leaves and paper flowers. I punched a hole in the bottom corner and threaded two silver charms on. The string hanger was already on the plaque and I quite liked the rustic look so left it. Hope that helps.
Bee--its lovely beautiful colours!
ReplyDeleteCan you tell us how you've made it though please ?
Thanks for that Bee x
DeleteDon't you just love the H2O's --I'm inspired to get mine out again now :-)